Last updated: 31 March, 2019
EARS dashboard is an English-language online analysis dashboard, providing up-to-date curated categorization and summary of popular news articles by our international team of analysts, created by the European Academy of Religion and Society ("EARS") and developed and managed by ftrtch b.v.
If you continue to browse and use this and / or any other EARS dashboard website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which may be changed by EARS dashboard. The term " EARS dashboard" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of this website, Stichting European Academy on Religion and Society, whose registered office is De Boelelaan 1105, 2E, 1081HV Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Registering an account (Sign up)
When you create an account (Sign up), your EARS dashboard account is valid on the EARS dashboard website. The Sign up process takes place via earsdashboard.com. When your account is created, you can access features such as to "extended search", "suggest", "periodical digest" etc. in all EARS dashboard websites, such as www.earsdahboard.com. You may cancel your EARS dashboard account at any time.
- The information contained in our websites is for general information purposes only.
- We refer and link to external articles, of which we do not claim any ownership.
- We add our own summaries of the linked articles, and translate titles to English where applicable
- The information is provided by EARS dashboard and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the websites or the information, products, or services contained on the websites for any purpose.
- Our websites include links to other websites which are not under the control of EARS dashboard nor governed by these terms and conditions. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those websites.
- The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- EARS dashboard shall not be liable for any contents provided by or made available by any user, including the user’s contents. In particular, EARS dashboard does not guarantee that any such contents are true or accurate.
Commercial use of materials
- Information (written and audio / visual material) in this website is protected under applicable copyrights and other proprietary laws, including but not limited to intellectual property laws. Using, reproducing, copying or redistributing such material without the written permission of EARS dashboard is strictly prohibited.
- The logo, name, and all graphics on this website and its (online and offline) applications are trademarks of EARS dashboard and may not be used, reproduced, copied or redistributed without the written permission of EARS dashboard.
- You shall not transmit to EARS dashboard or upload to its websites any harmful code or use or misappropriate the data on its websites for your own commercial gain. "Harmful Code" shall mean any software (sometimes referred to as "viruses," "worms," "trojan horses," "time bombs," "time locks," "drop dead devices," "traps," "access codes," "cancelbots" or "trap door devices") that: (a) is intentionally designed to damage, disrupt, disable, harm, impair, interfere with, intercept, expropriate or otherwise impede in any manner, any data, storage media, program, system, equipment or communication, based on any event, including for example but not limited to (i) exceeding a number of copies, (ii) exceeding a number of users, (iii) passage of a period of time, (iv) advancement to a particular date or other numeral, or (v) use of a certain feature; or (b) would enable an unauthorized person to cause such result; or (c) would enable an unauthorized person to access another person’s information without such other person’s knowledge and permission.
- You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the websites (or the servers and networks which are connected to the websites).
- EARS dashboard does not conduct a background check of its users and does not verify any statement from its users. Therefore, EARS dashboard shall not be liable for any user’s behaviour.
EARS dashboard seeks to use reasonable security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the Personal Information under EARS dashboard’s control. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. In addition, please note that emails, messages sent via your web browser, and other similar means of communication with other users, are not encrypted. We strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential or sensitive information through these means. Therefore, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its security.
- Submission of material implies that it is not being considered for publication or soon to be submitted elsewhere. This excludes writers' personal blogs and / or websites.
- Copyrighted content should not be posted without express (written) permission. Quoting material must at least be accompanied with an attribution.
- Authors are responsible for obtaining permission to publish any material under copyright.
- EARS dashboard reserves the right to edit - heavily if necessary - submitted material. If substantial editing is required, edited material is returned back for review.
- EARS dashboard retains the right to notify the proper authorities when the law has been broken.
- EARS dashboard has the option, but not the obligation, to publish any submitted material. EARS dashboard reserves the right to decide what material is or is not to be published on the EARS dashboard websites and its social media network.
- Every effort is made to keep the websites up and running smoothly. However, EARS dashboard takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the websites being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.